Hey Prepsters! While I was painting my nails this afternoon I concluded that Essie nail polishes are my favorite. I don’t know if it is the simple yet visually pleasing bottles, the gorgeous pigments, or the non-chip formula but I simply … Continue reading
Sorry I’ve been MIA for ten days. I am working hard on Blogust posts for y’all! GET EXCITED! 🙂 On another note this is my July Haul. It’s kind of funny because I was trying to do “No Buy July” which basically entails no shopping all of July. As you can tell I failed miserably and bought numerous things. I hope y’all enjoy this haul!
1. Target: Lavada Sandals – I’ve been eyeing these beauties for MONTHS. They finally went on sale for $12 in my local Target and I pounced on the opportunity. I do NOT regret this purchase. They are brilliant dupes for the J Crew crushed glitter sandals… not to mention about $80 cheaper! What a steal!
2. Six Foot Long Pink iPhone Charger – I have been suffering from the 21st century problem that my iPhone charger wasn’t long enough to comfortably lay in bed and charge my phone. Alas I picked up this charger for $5. It was totally worth it!
3. ELF: Lip Exfoliator – I have read a lot about this product and was having a total ‘YOLO” moment in Target when I purchased it. I really like it! It tastes so yummy and does it job!
4. EOS Shaving Cream: Vanilla – This purchase was a total let down. I have heard people rave about this shaving cream and I hate it. To start, it doesn’t apply nicely to my legs. My hair grows back quicker and rougher than when I use regular shower gel on my legs. The only good thing I can say about this product is that the smell is pleasant. Maybe my hopes were too high because of how wonderful I find the EOS Lip products. Don’t buy this. 😦
5. Maybelline The Vivids Lipstick: On Fire Red – I was on the hunt for a perfect red. This one was one that works beautifully on me! It has a blue undertone which compliments my skin tone. Not to mention I had a $2 off coupon so it was around $3.
6. NYX Butter Gloss: Maple Blondie – This was another product that I heard great things about. I can easily say that I am addicted to this! The pigmentation is incredible and I don’t find it sticky at all! It’s a must try!
7. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream: Istanbul – Like I said above, I am obsessed with this! It is the definition of “your lips but better”. Y’all HAVE to try this!
8. Yes to Grapefruit: Dark Spot Correcting Serum – I’ve only used this for a week and I already see results! I suffer from acne scars and this little baby has been working overtime. I really wish I would have taken before and after pictures. I am starting to have to confidence to wear no makeup! YAY! 🙂
9. J Crew Stripped Sweater – It was on sale for $15. I just had to ok.
10. J Crew Toothpick Jeans – Originally $130 and purchased for $20? Can someone say bargain?
11. Kenneth Cole Black Flats – My mom picked them up for me because I always steal her brown ones. Thanks Mommy! 🙂
12. White Hangers – I was cleaning out my closet and realized I don’t have enough hangers. That’s when you know you’re addicted to shopping.
13. Lilly Pulitzer Large Agenda: True Navy Tiger Lilly – If you don’t know I love back to school shopping. This is my agenda for the coming school year. I’m so excited!
14. Smashbox: Travel Size Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light – ULTA was having a deal where the travel size was only $10. I figured now would be a great time to try this bad boy out!
What was your favorite purchase from this July? Anything you want me to try out? Let me know! 🙂
Last month I did some shopping (duh) and I purchased a few things. Please enjoy my haul! Remember to take the poll at the end of this post! Thanks! 🙂
TJMAXX: “Jack Roger” Dupes ($20! – such a steal!)
Nordstrom Rack: Silver Metallic Sperry’s
Target: Sunglasses ($3!) – I actually wear them a lot more than I originally thought. Love them!
TJMAXX– Clear Cosmetic Organizer and a Car Charger (not pictured)
Wegmans– Essie: A Cut Above, Pantene Smooth 2 in 1, Pink Neutrogena Wave, Maybelline Clear Mascara
ULTA: (2 for $15 OPI: $3.50 off) OPI Top Coat and OPI Lincoln Park After Dark – I have been on the hunt for Lincoln Park After Dark for SO LONG! It is the perfect fall color!
What did you buy in June? I would love to know!
Happy Summer Prepsters!
I noticed that I haven’t posted in awhile (silly me). I was reorganizing my wallet and came across my rewards cards. I’ve collected a generous amount of them over the years. Personally I LOVE rewards/membership cards! As an avid shopaholic and a typical money conscious teenager I found that these cards allow me to purchase things, while staying within budget. By no means am I a shopping expert, I am going to share with y’all this technique I use that works for me. Let’s get started!
Today I am only going to focus on the beauty cards I have. If y’all would like to see my other cards (food) please leave me a comment letting me know!
**ALL ARE FREE TO JOIN**
Beauty Insider (Sephora):
I shop here when I am looking for specific, higher end makeup.
What is it?
Spend a dollar, earn a point. The more you shop, the better the rewards. Once you get 350 points (within a year) you will become a VIB- Very Important Buyer. This will allow you to get even better deals and rewards!
100 Points Perks (Free Mini of Makeup)
250 Points Perks (iPhone Case, etc)
500 Points Perks (Full size item, etc)
Complimentary Birthday Gift
Emails about coupons and promotions!
Ultamate Rewards (ULTA Beauty):
I shop here when I need to run in and pick up something either drugstore or high-end!
What is it?
Members will earn 1 point per $1 on anything at the stores and online. Members will also receive occasional BONUS POINT coupons throughout the year, which will be located on the ULTA mailers. Additionally, your points will be good for a FULL YEAR.
$3.50 off a purchase of $10 or more (Always)
100 points $3.00 off a purchase
250 points $8.00 off a purchase
500 points $17.50 off a purchase
750 points $30.00 off a purchase
1,000 points $50.00 off a purchase
2,000 points $125.00 off a purchase
You may also redeem points for various salon services ranging from haircuts and highlights to facials and OPI Gel nail services.
Emails about coupons and promotions!
FAB: Friends and Benefits (BareMinerals):
I usually only shop here twice a year, once in the summer and once in the winter.
What is it?
Spend a dollar, earn a point.
Free Makeover on your birthday.
Personal Sale Day to get 15% off anything.
Spend $150, get $10 off a future purchase.
You’re always on “the list” and will be invited to top-secret events near you.
Personally, I feel like ULTA gives the best rewards. What do you think? Do you have any of these reward cards?
*** I am on vacation right now! In the coming week be prepared to definitely see the following:
Beach Vacation HAUL