Hello Beautiful People! Guess who’s back?! I just wrapped up my sophomore year of college (omg, so wild!) and I’m back home for the summer. I’m super excited to get back to work and blogging! If you remember my last … Continue reading
Hey Prepsters! I just wanted to share another little treasure I discovered on Etsy! It’s an adorable shop called KaitlinKendallDesigns. She sells the cutest bow bracelets that I’ve ever seen. Go take a look! ♥ Stay Classy, Olivia
I am home from vacation and I had a lovely time! This summer I am working on my blog a lot. I have loads of ideas for the coming months and I want all of your opinions! 🙂
Like the new background?! This is my all time favorite Lilly Pulitzer print (U Gotta Regatta).
1. I am highly considering doing fun montly “themes”. Let me explain, If you watch beauty guru’s on YouTube you are probably familiar with “Vlogmas” or “Vlogust”; which basically means those people vlog everyday until Christmas (Vlogmas) and everyday in August (Vlogust). I know that Ingrid and Meghan did them! I was planning on doing the same thing except with blog posts! If you could please vote below that would help me out tons! 🙂
2. Right now I have five posts planned. I thought that I would let y’all vote for which one I should post next! 🙂
Thank you guys for all the love and support you have shown me these past six months! Love you all!
Happy Thursday Prepsters,
Yesterday I ran into Mom’s Organic Market and finally picked up something that I’ve been skeptical about for a long time: Peanut Butter Powder! I’ve read lots about it and I decided that I should give it a try. After only having it for a day I can already tell that this is one of my “holy grail” foods.
Why is it so fantastic?
Oh yeah, it has only 45 calories for 2 tbsp and has 1.5 g of fat!!!! (As opposed to generic peanut butter: approx. 190 calories for 2 tbsp and 17 g of fat!)
I have already thought of two recipes! The ingredients are what I prefer, don’t hesitate to experiment yourself. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Banana!
I enjoy making this yummy meal for breakfast!
1 packet of Quaker Instant Oatmeal (best if non-flavored)
2 Teaspoons of Peanut Butter Powder
1. In a container, pour the oatmeal and the 2 teaspoons of PBP together. Stir until they are evenly mixed.
2. Add the amount of water you prefer (I like my oatmeal thicker so I add less water than the package recommends). Use hot water if you are going to eat it right away. I use room temperature water because I let it sit in the fridge overnight and eat it for breakfast!
3. Cut up the banana into small rounds and add them into the mix.
4. Stir everything together one last time and either pop it in the fridge for later or enjoy right now!
Quaker Oatmeal: 160 calories
PBP: 17 calories
Banana: 90 calories
Total: 267 calories.
(If we used normal peanut butter the total would have been about 440 calories!)
Peanut Butter Yogurt!
This would be perfect for a snack of desert! It DEFINITELY helps satisfy crazy peanut butter cravings!
1/2 Cup of Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt
1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter Powder
1. Measure out 1/2 cup of yogurt into a bowl.
2. Add in the 1 tablespoon of PBP.
3. Mix very well until powder is completely combined with yogurt.
Yogurt: 55 calories
PBP: 23 calories
Total: 78 calories!
(I we used normal peanut butter it would have been 245 calories!)
Tips and Tricks
1. LESS IS MORE! Sometimes a hint of the powder is enough to satisfy the peanut butter craving. There is no need to go overboard because it will be far too rich and gross (trust me on this one guys!).
2. It totally DOES satisfy my peanut butter cravings! And the best part? It is totally guilt free! 🙂
3. DON’T expect peanut butter! It has a very similar taste but isn’t the same. When I try things like this for the first time I expect them to be nasty, I was pleasantly surprised with this. What I am trying to get at is be open to this new flavor and texture. To me it isn’t so bad.
If any of my lovely Prepsters have recipes involving PBP or comments/questions about this please please please comment bellow! 🙂