Hello Beautiful People!
Happy Monday! It’s an absolutely gorgeous day outside. I’m sitting in my dorm room with the window open. Who would’ve thought that it would be practically 70 degrees on the first of February?! Not to mention we got two feet of snow just over a week ago! That’s typical, bipolar Maryland weather for you. Anyways today I am going to be sharing the recipe from when I made fried donuts over winter break. Please Note: I made these BEFORE I went vegan, obviously this is not a vegan recipe. However, I would LOVE to try out a vegan donut recipe. Leave me a comment if you would be interested! 🙂
• Prepared Biscuit dough (Pillsbury)
• Vegetable Oil (for frying)
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan until 325F.
2. Cover a cooling rack with paper towel.
3. Roll dough gently into a disc and cut out a small round circle from the center. I used a bottle cap to do this!
5. When oil is heated, gently place donut (and holes) into the oil. Cook for 60 seconds on one side, then turn. Cook for 45 seconds on the second size. Remove from oil and place on paper towel. Repeat for remaining donuts.
6. Prepare glaze if desired. I talked about how to prepare the glaze in my last post. Dip the top of each donut into the icing and transfer to a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Serve immediately, or donuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days, but are best served fresh
I personally preferred the fried donuts over the baked ones (shocker)! The fried ones were much more chewy than the baked ones. Obviously the baked ones were a lot more cakey, which I don’t particularly enjoy. What do you want me to make next? Leave me a comment and let me know. Have a wonderful week! Lookout for my next post on Thursday.
*ALSO I HAVE A GIVEAWAY GOING UP ON MY INSTAGRAM TONIGHT AT 8:30PM! I’m giving away LOTS of cute stuff including Wildfox, YSL, and Louboutin! You should go check out my Instagram to enter and win*